When Filipino KDrama Fans Criticized a Senator's Suggestion to Ban Korean Dramas in the Philippines

It was all over social media, the suggestion to ban KDrama by Senator Jinggoy Estrada. And fans are not happy. 


In his statement, he said (translated in English)
So sometimes, the thought crosses my mind to ban foreign telenovelas, so that our Filipino artists who are talented and should be recognized will be appreciated in our own country.

 He also said to promote Filipino projects and not Korean products and other foreign projects. 

But Pinoys remake KDramas too

Backlash immediately followed.

After all these comments form Pinoy fans, the senator explained himself.

 ..my statement stems from the frustration that while we are only too eager and willing to celebrate South Korea’s entertainment industry, we have sadly allowed our own to deteriorate because of the lack of support from the moviegoing public. I wish that the zealousness of our kababayans (countrymen) in patronizing foreign artists can be replicated to support our homegrown talents who I strongly believe are likewise world-class. I have nothing against South Korea’s successes in the entertainment field and admittedly, we have much to learn from them…South Korea’s phenomenal success is rooted in their love of country. It is high time that we follow their example and do the same for our own entertainment industry that is at best, barely surviving.

This is what the Filipinos have to say about that.

Many are actually disagreeing with this. As most are saying that the Filipino artists need support and banning foreign content will not solve the issue at all.

______________

FOLLOW NOONA CHRONICLES:

Facebook

Twitter

Instagram

Tiktok

YouTube

Tumblr

Subscribe to Noona Chronicles Group Noona's Chingu

Do you find my blog interesting and entertaining? I would appreciate if you could support my blog by donating. This would make it easier for me to shift to my own domain in the future.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"I did not hit you everyday..." - Dispatch Reveals Transcription of Phone Conversation Between Kim Hieora and a Victim of Her Alleged Bullying

My Demon's Cha Chung Hwa is Pregnant!

Korean Parents Receive Criticism When Clip of Their Son Trying To Hold Back Tears Went Viral, But Ended with a Happy Resolution