Coupang Play Drama Hit The Spot Responds to Claims that They Forced an Actress to Do Nudity

 tvreport

The production company of Coupang Play's drama, Hit The Spot, released a statement when the drama drew controversy of forcing an actress to go nude on a scene.


On February 20, an actress in the drama wrote online that she was supposed to do the scene in her underwear, but last minute was told that she had to go nude, exposing her buttocks in the scene. And if she refused, she will be replaced.
I didn’t want to take my clothes off. It isn’t because I was embarrassed due to the many people on set. It was because I was afraid that if I took off my clothes in this scene, from now on, I would only be offered parts where the character takes her clothes off.

But the actress later revealed that she filmed the scene thinking it would bring in more opportunities in the future. 

 Still, in the back of my mind, I thought, ‘(The role) is still a main character of an episode in a major drama. Are you going to keep playing side roles?’ I had ambitions to climb up the career ladder. I filmed the scene after signing a waiver stating that the director had explained to me the contents of the scene.

In the 40 minute episode, the actress appeared for 4 minutes, 2 minutes of which she was nude. But during the filming, she stated that the crew were very professional.

After this came out, the production company replied with their own statement on the matter.

After verifying with the actress, the actress stated that she did not regret filming the nude scene. The actress states that she is currently taken aback at the response as she did not mean to insinuate that there was an abuse of power.

 Although we aren’t able to reveal exactly why we didn’t let the actress know (about the scene) earlier, it didn’t seem like the actress took a lot of time to deliberate.

But netizens are angered with this explanation, saying that threatening to recast her is itself a abuse of power.


 Some comments from netizens:

"It isn’t important whether or not she regrets it. It’s problematic because you said you would re-cast her role if she didn’t agree to take her clothes off.”

“It doesn’t matter what you say. The fact that you threatened to re-cast her role is inexcusable. Are you saying that it’s ok because she doesn’t regret it after not giving her a choice?”

“While watching the drama, I thought that so much of the nudity was unnecessary. I am rooting for the actors…”

“Sigh, is this the production team’s level of awareness?”

“You did abuse your power… You threatened the unknown actress that you would re-cast her. Even worse, the scene wasn’t even in the contract that you changed later.”

“Is it okay to change the scene a day before filming? LOL, that’s a blatant abuse of power.”

“You don’t know whether you told her beforehand??? What a horrible way to say you didn’t tell her beforehand. ‘She didn’t take long to deliberate,’ this part also blows my mind, LOL. Are they f@cking idiots?

Any comments?

_______________

FOLLOW NOONA CHRONICLES:

Do you find my blog interesting and entertaining? I would appreciate if you could support my blog by donating. This would make it easier for me to shift to my own domain in the future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"I did not hit you everyday..." - Dispatch Reveals Transcription of Phone Conversation Between Kim Hieora and a Victim of Her Alleged Bullying

My Demon's Cha Chung Hwa is Pregnant!

Korean Parents Receive Criticism When Clip of Their Son Trying To Hold Back Tears Went Viral, But Ended with a Happy Resolution