Lee Min Ho on Playing a Villain on Pachinko
One of the most popular Hallyu stars, Lee Min Ho, will return to the small screen via the drama Pachinko. He was last seen on The King Eternal Monarch.
In the drama, he will play Koh Hansu. According to his interview with Esquire Korea, he called his character "a villain by all means".
Now that I'm in my mid-30s, I prefer to be involved in what's real. If it's far from real, I can't agree (to the project) and this (selection) is getting harder and harder.
Pachinko is written by Korean-American author Min Jin Lee and is based on the novel of the same name. It is a New York Times bestseller spanning eight decades and four generations where the characters try to look for identity and success. It is produced by Apple TV+ and filming was done in both South Korea and Canada.
He also shared,
When I got the offer to audition for Pachinko, and read the script, I was convinced that with this project, I could give it a go. I wanted to try it once. I think thanks to this conviction, the audition went well.
He has starred in two fantasy drama before, The King Eternal Monarch and Legend of the Blue Sea. But he said this time, it has to be different.
He further explained.
There are stories that are realistic and appropriate for each age range- whether that's a desperate one or one that heals. I don't think there will be any more stories of showing up to save the female character when she's in need. When characters grow older, they seldom find themselves in that kind of danger, And women these days also save men.
Source 1


Comments
Post a Comment