Did Lee Jong Suk Just Make a Confession During His Acceptance Speech at the MBC Drama Awards?

 naver

Lee Jong Suk won the Grand Prize / Daesang at last night's MBC Drama Awards for his role in the drama "Big Mouth".

During the speech, he expressed gratitude to someone he did not name, which caused a stir among netizens, debating who this person could be. 

He said (translation from allkpop

"I almost died until the winner of the grand prize was announced. First of all, I am very, very grateful. I first received the grand prize six years ago when I was in my 20s, but at that time I did not know the meaning of this award. I think I feel a different sense of responsibility and weight because of the love everyone has shown me and even gave me such a grand prize.”
Then he started, thanking people, 

"There seem to be a lot of people to be thankful for. First of all, I was afraid because it was my first time acting in a long time and it was a challenging genre, but I am grateful to the director and all the staff who helped me finish well. I suffered for 8-9 months just like I was in jail in the drama. I sincerely thank the actors who shared that life, including YoonA, who struggled and went through much hardship outside of the prison."

"I want to say thank you to Yoon Seong Hyung who worked hard together from the beginning to the end of this work, and managers such as Jun Ho and Soon Jae who also worked hard. My family, I'm sorry I'm always the priority. My mom told me to practice my acceptance speech starting last night so I'm sure my family is watching on tenterhooks but I think I'm okay. You can rest easy."

Lastly, he thanked someone he did not name. Even made a confession to that person. 
I had a lot of worries, fears, and anguish after completing my military service, but there was a person who helped me think positively and go in a good direction. I want to take this moment and say that I've liked you a lot for a long time, and I respect you so much. When I see that friend, I think that I should have worked harder and lived more diligently, and that I should be a good person. I self-reflect thinking it would have been nice if I did better in the past. I will put forth more effort in becoming a better person. I think I will be able to live diligently since I was given such a big prize. I will become a better actor who works hard.
He said he liked this person for a long time. Who could it be?! 
_______________

FOLLOW NOONA CHRONICLES:

Do you find my blog interesting and entertaining? I would appreciate if you could support my blog by donating. This would make it easier for me to shift to my own domain in the future.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"I did not hit you everyday..." - Dispatch Reveals Transcription of Phone Conversation Between Kim Hieora and a Victim of Her Alleged Bullying

My Demon's Cha Chung Hwa is Pregnant!

Korean Parents Receive Criticism When Clip of Their Son Trying To Hold Back Tears Went Viral, But Ended with a Happy Resolution