Song Ha Yoon's Breakthrough Role after Years of Waiting

 Song Ha Yoon's breakthrough role finally came, 21 years after her debut.


Song Ha Yoon has been in the industry since 2003. She was formerly known as Kim Byul and has over 25 acting projects since she started. 

Although we remember her mostly for her role as Baek Seol Hee in Fight For My Way, her breakthrough role was really Jeong Sumin in Marry My Husband. 

She has won at the 10th Korea Drama Awards for Excellent Actress for her role in Fight For My Way. I really though that was her breakthrough. But then again, Marry My Husband happened.

She has been getting rave reviews for her portrayal of Kang Jiwon's two-faced best friend and viewers can't get over how good she is at being bad. 


In her role, she has shown great acting in depicting Sumin's character - from the innocent, angelic best friend to the villanous cold-hearted boyfriend stealer. She can smootly shift from good to bad and we love it. Some comments say how even her skin is acting! Her eyes, her movements, her voice, her lips - all can transition from good to bad and you don't even see the same character on screen.

I guess her decades of acting experience have led her to this.


Oh Young Sim 2023
Devilish Charm 2018

Please Don't Date Him 2021


Fight For My Way 2017

with Rain on 2003 Sangdoo Let's Go to School






According to allkpop, she has gained recognition in the drama 'My Daughter, Geum Sa Wol in 2016, and she told XSports News:
I faced numerous slump period for 13 years. I debuted in my second year in High school but there were many times when I contemplated if I should continue (this path). I wasn't famous and filmed 1 or 2 projects every year but none of them became a hit. So I spent my time in obscurity as an actor.

 But I was able to continue because I was thankful that I was able to continue to do what I want to. I love the moment when I start acting when the director yells 'Action.' There were many different ways I coped for 13 years. I would cry when I wanted to but ultimately, I thought I should spend the time to learn things one by one while waiting and believed that a bigger luck would come my way if I waited.

Her waiting finally paid off. As she is getting all the recognition she deserves now in Marry My Husband.


 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"I did not hit you everyday..." - Dispatch Reveals Transcription of Phone Conversation Between Kim Hieora and a Victim of Her Alleged Bullying

My Demon's Cha Chung Hwa is Pregnant!

Korean Parents Receive Criticism When Clip of Their Son Trying To Hold Back Tears Went Viral, But Ended with a Happy Resolution